Cable screen with 3 cables
The 3-cable screens designed by Dewekon Engineering consist of:
- The frame is a welded plate-construction, calculated to resist the highest water level ahead of the screen.
- Guiding profiles to guide the scraper mechanism.
- The screen bars have a hydrodynamic section, to prevent the screen from clogging, and to create a minimum of hydraulic loss through the screen.
- A back plate above the bars to bring out the screened waste.
- The scraper is lifted by two cables.
- The scraper is guided by 4 wear resistant wheels. They have a grease point.
- The drive unit is on top of the screen frame. It consists one motor gearbox for lifting the scraper unit and one for opening and close the scraper.
- The drive unit is a hermetical closed oil-bath gearbox with brake motor.
- The scraper goes down in "open" position at a distance of 40cm from the screen surface.
- When the scraper arrives in the lower position or when it touches an obstruction it closes slowly.
- The teeth penetrate between the bars, and the screenings are moved upwards.
- The teeth of the scraper are replaceable.
- All movements downwards of the scraper are protected by a "slack rope detection".
- During the rise of the scraper the mechanism can be protected by a torque limiter.
- The screen is equipped with all safety devices according to the European CE directive.
- The advantage of this 3-cable screen is the possibility that the scraper can close at each position. So he can dig a way through the waste.
Click on "photos" to view multiple realizations