Cable screen with 1 or 2 cables
The cable screens designed by Dewekon Engineering consist of:
- The frame is a welded plate-construction, calculated to resist the highest water level ahead of the screen.
- Guiding profiles to guide the scraper mechanism.
- The screen bars have a hydrodynamic section, to prevent the screen from clogging, and to create a minimum of hydraulic loss through the screen.
- A backplate above the bars to bring out the screened waste.
- The scraper is lifted by one or two cables, depending on the width of the screen.
- The scraper is guided by 4 wear resistant wheels. They have a grease point.
- The drive unit is on top of the screen frame. It consists of the main driving shaft and one or two cable drums, driven by a motor gearbox.
- The drive unit is a hermetical closed oil-bath gearbox with brake motor.
- The scraper goes down in "open" position at a distance of 40cm from the screen surface.
- When the scraper arrives in the lower position it closes slowly. The speed of closing the scraper is adjustable.
- The teeth penetrate between the bars, and the screenings are moved upwards.
- The teeth of the scraper are replaceable.
- The positions at the top and bottom are detected by a limit switch, next to the gearbox.
- The movement downwards of the scraper is protected by a "slack rope detection".
- During the rise of the scraper the mechanism is protected by a torque limiter (option).
- The screen is equipped with all safety devices according to the European CE directive.
Click on "photos" to view multiple realizations